Monday, July 18, 2022

Check out some video poetry from Drop of Atom my second book of poetry

 

Video poetry is simply poetry in video form. It attempts to create some visuals from the poetry itself to help the reader, listener, viewer truly visualize what the poet wanted them to see. I enjoy creating these from my poems because I like the creative process itself. While I feel like I can never get it exactly how I would want, some aspect of these sort of videos still seem slightly off to me, I do enjoy creating these and I hope to continue to make them. 

For those of you who didn't know this about me, I attended NWMSU for my first degree and majored in communications. I really enjoyed television and film production and worked for several years making independent movies. While I ultimately did not end up working in the visual arts, I still enjoy working on small projects like this one. My brother also likes to edit videos and between the two of us we have created a few of these visual poetry pieces and hope to do some more. Hope you you enjoy!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment